I am glad to announce the release of Plugin Browser for bbPress v0.2! This plugin provides an interface in the bbPress admin area where a keymaster can install, uninstall, activate, deactivate and upgrade plugins that are featured in the bbPress plugin repository. It has been 3 years since the plugin was developed by Sam Bauers, and now he has made me a committer of the plugin, for which I am thankful to him.
- Compatibility with bbPress 1.0
- Usage of reliable WP_Http instead of cURL or fopen
- Automatically gets the new repository list if available, when you go to the plugin browser page
- The directory folder of a plugin now need not have pb– in its name, nor a pb–revision.php, which means that now the plugins are checked with their version numbers.
- Added i18n support
- Coding cleanups (including WordPress style coding), optimizations and improvements
- Add a daily auto-check for plugins and notify the administrator if any plugin has a new version
- If you were using an older version of plugin browser for bbPress than v0.2, then it is recommended that you remove
pb--from the plugins’ directory name in the
- If the plugin list is not updating for some reason, then go to the plugin browser page, and in the URL add this –
&force_update=1and press enter. The plugin should then make a new list of the available plugins.